Monday, April 12, 2010

Turning half a century!

Tomorrow is my 50th birthday and this past weekend my family filled my Saturday full of surprises. First I was taken on a treasure hunt to buy some of my own gifts and receive some very special treasures in the form of beautiful letters from each of my children and my husband along the way. I can tell you any make-up I had on (which wasn't much cuz I totally wasn't expecting any of this) was ruined by the end of the hunt, after reading those touching letters! I ended up at our neighborhood park with my family there waiting to play a rousing game of volleyball, my favorite thing to do! After our game we headed home to find that Heather and Lara had driven all the way to Globe earlier in the day, while they had me chasing around on my treasure hunt,to buy me my very favorite food for dinner, Chalo's spicy green chili burros! It was so very, very yummy. We were joined by our friends Reid and Valeree and after burros and some delicious cold stone ice cream cake I opened presents, visited with my family and friends and played a fun game of 5 crowns which Valeree dominated throughout, although she swears she has never played before. I think she's a card shark ;). It was such a wonderful day and I am so very, very blessed. Turning 50 isn't bad at all with family and friends such as mine. Below are a few pictures from this special day. Thank you guys, I love you all!!

No comments: